[jhb] Re: FS install

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:01:31 -0000

Oddly enough both the issues below were related.

It was IVAP that copied the VisualC++ library files to the external drive.
It does this to install the MTL Library but something obviously went wrong.
It normally installs the C++ file set in the Temp folder to run the MTL
install but for some reason the files went to the external drive. As IVAP
then couldn't find the files to run the MTL installer the whole process came
to a halt.

A second attempt proved a bit better so I should now have the IVAP software
in FS9 and a working MTL Library. I now have to run the MTL Installer again
to add more AI aircraft but will confine this to the JB offerings if I can
find them.

http://woodair.net