[iyonix-support] Re: File-core limit of 256GB - is it on the list?

  • From: jess hampshire <jesshampshire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:11:50 +0000

On 16 March 2010 16:23, David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16/03/2010 17:06, charles wrote:

>> Having a lot of photo's (RAW-pictures each 10 MB) I nearly reach 100 GB.
>> So within a few years 256 GB is to little.
>
> What RISC OS applications can sensibly handle RAW images of that size? The
> answer is none directly, and very painfully indirectly.
>
> There isn't any point in keeping such data on a machine which clearly hasn't
> got the horsepower to process it. Store and manipulate the RAW images on a
> modern system with large discs, and convert them in to JPEGs to display on
> RISC OS. Then you'll only need a fraction of the disc space.

I can think of one obvious way it might be used.

If the originals are being supplied to 3rd parties, either by being
burned to disk or FTP.

I use my Iyonix to store lots of data that it can't use itself.

--
Jess Hampshire
          mailto:jesshampshire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please reply inline and trim redundant text - I also use mobile email.