[iyonix-support] Re: File-core limit of 256GB - is it on the list?

  • From: cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:42:58 +0000 (GMT)

In article <12f1f3e650.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On top of this lots of file attributes are reported differently
> giving rise to unnecessary copying of files that have not changed.

I find this is the greatest shortcoming of using network storage. It
is a pain when doing what you think is an incremental backup, with
the 'increment' being small, to realise after a few minutes that
every file is being copied again, and what should take a few minutes
is set to continue for several hours.