[iyonix-support] Re: File-core limit of 256GB - is it on the list?

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:10:44 +0000

Roger Darlington wrote:
I was just wondering if the filecore limit of 256GB is on the list to be extended. Or whether perhaps it is being worked upon already?

[I know it is difficult to fix, I have read earlier reports about this].

It's not difficult to fix in itself, although increasing the map size to keep wastage down, would increase mounting and allocation times.

The real issue is there is no current RISC OS hardware than can support more than 256GB.

Cheers
---David

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx