Re: [icon-users] Microsoft Office file validation

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:28:00 GMT

On 21 Mar 2012  Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <5273a096adjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> .... you might be able to use a file converter program to create a .docx
>>> from your EW .doc.

>> Why would I want to do that?  It's bad enough that Windows users churn out
>> .docx files, which aren't readable by some people.

> because according to the microsoft tech article, .docx files aren't
> being scanned for suspicious content, whereas .doc ones are.

Another oddity, but not particularly relevant to this post. I created
a doc file in EasiWriter, and have been told by a Windows user that
she could open it but wasn't allowed to print it. Is this likely? She
does confess that she's not a computer person!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Hf     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.