Re: [icon-users] Microsoft Office file validation

  • From: John Rye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:10:33 +0100

Hello All

In article <5288063f48john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When we discussed this some while ago I assumed that whatever objected to
> opening the Word files created by EW was part of Windows (or perhaps part
> of Word) it was MS software interpreting the absence of MS specific content
> (like the version of Word) as 'suspicious'.

> I just had another document rejected by someone else, who said his computer
> will not open the file, and shows a security alert.  When I quizzed him he
> said it was AVG anit-virus software.

> So I wonder what file attributes of an EW generated Word file are
> triggering it.

This gets weirder. In the past week I emailed a "word" document from
Easiwriter to members of a committee. One reported that he could open it, but
not edit it or print it. Another reported that it had a virus, and would I
resend it.

I sent the latter the same document as RTF, and there were no problems.

John

--
John Rye
Hadleigh IPSWICH England