Re: [icon-users] Microsoft Office file validation

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:00:36 +0200

In message <52887369d0john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Rye <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the past week I emailed a "word" document from Easiwriter to
> members of a committee. One reported that he could open it, but not
> edit it or print it.

Yes, I have seen that, too. Recent versions of Word import documents
in the age old format that EasiWriter uses in "compatibility mode",
sometimes even in a kind of "preview-only" mode.

I suppose the only way around that is to export in a later version of
the binary Word format, or, as has been suggested before, in .docx or
.odt format.

Martin