[ian-reeds-games] Re: A response

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:46:36 -0400

Hi Shaun,
Thanks for that. I guess that is two for yes.
All attacks and spell attacks are considered a turn ending thing, which is in
keeping with the board games it is based on.
Other spells like freeze blast, stoneskin and teleport do not take up your turn.
I need to remember to mention which does and doesn't in the map pack user guide.

I checked the starship battles in my drop box and it is still there...or do you
mean I stoppped working on it?
I understand people liked it, and to be honest, I am wondering what else to do
with it, if ever. The thing is broken and I got so tired of fighting it that I
wanted to start fresh with a new map pack that maybe would be easy for not only
myself but others who wanted to try their hand at making star trek missions.
Trek is so big, and I don't think one guy can put in everything to please
everyone. I would love, once the new map pack is ready, to have tohers build
maps for it, as a cooperative work among trekkies. That would be really neat.

I just need a couple of updates to the tb tech to make that happen to my
satisfaction, and hopefully Ian will find them to be easy and small enough to
do while he works on his new multiplayer game. That has me intrigued, since it
sounds like it will have real time exploration of swamp, with a mud like fight
, instead of mucking with mouses and  and which sound does what. That is one of
my biggest issues with swamp. It isn't the game so much as myself, and it
happens to me in all those kind of fps audio games. Aiming for me is nearly
impossible. The sounds all sound the same to me, meaning that even when it
seems like the target is right in front of me, I am still not aimed properly
and so it becomes this frustrating "find the x sound" task which is not alot of
fun to me. It also makes me a little sad, since I played FPS sighted games and
it just makes me realize what I lost, instead of what it could be. So if this
is what Ian is making, where the combat is less about findt he target and more
about the actual combat itself, then I think I am definetly    interested in
giving it a try.