[HUG ] Re: A16 back

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:34:59 -0400

I love 645 format but the problem of the A16 or 16 back on the Hasselblad is
that its just really good for horizontals. Not verticals. Very awkward
operating the camera on its side with modern prisms which stick you way off
to the side.
In the past years though I discovered the older prisms in the catalog before
the Polaroid backs came out and they were designed and made in Germany not
Sweden
The HC-1  Reflex  90 degree finder first made for Hasselblad by the famous
Hensoldt of Wetzlar.
I got mine for 90 bucks.

With this finder the Hassy becomes like a compact 645 camera which can be
flipped easily on its side and used for verticals or portraits and flipped
back again and like a typical 35mm camera.
16 on a roll and a relief from squares.
I love this option.
Especially as you don't really end up loosing any quality in the processs.

mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark William Rabiner