[HUG ] Re: A16 back

  • From: "Q.G. de Bakker" <qnu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 07:58:33 +0200

Mark Rabiner wrote:

I love 645 format but the problem of the A16 or 16 back on the Hasselblad is
that its just really good for horizontals. Not verticals. Very awkward
operating the camera on its side with modern prisms which stick you way off
to the side.
In the past years though I discovered the older prisms in the catalog before
the Polaroid backs came out and they were designed and made in Germany not
Sweden
The HC-1  Reflex  90 degree finder first made for Hasselblad by the famous
Hensoldt of Wetzlar.
I got mine for 90 bucks.

The PM90 and PME90 are made with similar slim/low build, and have a better eyepoint than the HC-1.
But are more expensive.

As far as i know, no Hasselblad prism finder was made by Hasselblad. After Hensoldt (Hc-1), it was mostly Karl Müller (= Novoflex) and Zeiss Ikon (CdS meter prism).
The latest PM 45 and PME 45 will most likely be Fuji products.