[HUG ] Re: A16 back

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:35:31 -0400

I shoot super negatives with my A16s's. Not super slides. Yet.
The millennium is still young.
S as in plural.
2!
I have a 16s back and an A16s back
I'd hate to make an S outa myself but....
Both I got a few  years apart around the turn of the millennium.
Both for around 100 bucks each.

Ah! the joys of 4x4 let me count thee where do I begin?!?!?

16 on a roll instead of 12.
That's enough to change the way you see things;
And do things.... Walk up to things.

4x4 with an compact lightweight 80 2.8 planar;
Or a 100 f3.5 CFi  Planar  T*
Gives you what?
Grabbing power that's what.
Some reach.
As in with the use of a short tele.
But without the bulk and length protruding out at the world.

And a little Leica like frame thing to look around in your viewfinder;
Which gets you composing for ground figurer instead of figure ground;
Kind of a process of elimination.

I have a fiber based darkroom printed 16x20" print I made on one outing with
an x model of mine full frame black border.
Much easier to print than 6x6 which gives you two millimeters of film to
grab with your negative carrier.

The little arrow things on the black border are bigger.
Tipping you to the fact that its 4x4 instead of 6x6.
Otherwise you'd certainly not know it.
Tab grain films give you overkill easy in no time.
400 films are over kill as far as I can tell.

But I am getting a deja Vue explaining the joys of something which someone
is saying is only good for spare parts.
But I should do what is good for me. Everyone being so open minded and all.

mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark William Rabiner