[HUG ] Re: A16 back

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 01:42:17 -0400

The 4x4 format are easily projectable  as they fit perfectly in a 2x2 inch
normal slide mount.
- if you every buy those on a vacation they blow the 35mm stuff right out of
the slideshow.
35mm like trying to get light pumped through a keyhole.
But 4x4 seems to be big enough to let the gate waters through effect.
The images on the screen are so brighter and bigger that you want to throw
those regular 35mm slides away.
And all with a regular Kodak Ektagraphic slide projector.
Regular in the sense that its the standard of the industry in the now pretty
much obsolete slide show industry.

The A16S give you in effect a whole different set of lenes to shoot with.
The A16 645 also does that but to a less notable extent.

My 50 becomes a 60.
That's ok with me as I'd gotten into  pattern of really liking my 60 over my
50; partly as the 60 is much more new for me and also because for me in 35mm
terms a 35mm lens is more useful than a 28mm lens.

The Hasselblad is a system.
Different bodies, glass, prisms, backs.
Screens, bellows, shades.
Mix and match.
Its all I ever wanted under the holiday tree.
Now they give the stuff away.

mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark William Rabiner