[haiku] Re: Sequitur

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 17:51:31 -0700

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 12:09:04PM -0700, I wrote:

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 11:38:32AM +0000, Dan MacDonald wrote:

I've just tried Sequitur but I've been unable to get it to produce any
sound.

I've installed the SF2 from HaikuDepot which I know Haiku can see as its
listed under the Media->MIDI prefs window, I draw some notes into sequitur
which is set to output to the Be MIDI synth but when I push play... nothing.

Sems the secret is that even if the SoundFont is shown in Media Preferences,
you have to *select* it! I clicked on it in the list, it gets highlighted,,
and things
immediately play.

FYI, this actually turns out to be a bug! It should have found the default
soundfont even if it hadn't been selected. I posted a ticket noting your
problem, and it's been fixed already! [hrev49576] Thanks Stefano!

-- Pete --