[haiku] Re: Sequitur

  • From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 01:11:41 +0100

Hi Pete

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 3:42 AM, Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 10:54:59PM +0100, Dan MacDonald wrote:
Hi Pete

I knew it was gong to be something simple like that! It seems all I had
do was select the soundfont as you mentioned and I also had to select a
different BeMIDI synth channel from the menu in the middle of the main
Sequitur window. Those two fixed my BeMIDI sound output problem.

Hmm, I don't quite follow your 2nd condition there. (:-)) *What* menu in
the
middle of the window?

Sorry - classic case of trying to describe something I wasn't looking at. I
know I wrote that last mail under Linux as I am now.

The menu I spoke of is actually in the top centre of the MIDI editing
window, not the main / tracks window. IIRC its labelled 'Tracks'.

I've not had any luck getting it to record from my USB MIDI keyboard but
got the impression you have this working right?

Yes, a USB-MIDI device should be automatically detected. To make
sure it's really there, you might want to do "ls /dev/midi/usb' in the
Terminal. You should see an entry for each existing USB channel
(of the form "0-0" etc).

I've got USB MIDI working now - thanks! :)

BTW, I think I'll try to create a page of "Sequitur Tips" on my Website,
because there are quite a few things that are not obvious when you're
starting. So if anyone has anything they think needs clarifying...

That or just make a few additions to the quickstart guide in the docs?

I have one last question / suggestion for an addition to the tips or
quickstart guide - how do you position the playhead? Ideally I'd be able to
do that with both the mouse and the arrow keys.

Otherwise, this is looking like the best Haiku/BeOS native sequencer and
the best candidate for the basis for a Haiku-native DAW, if someone felt
like a challenge.

Was there ever a better BeOS sequencer than Sequitur?

Thanks

Dan