[haiku] Re: Sequitur

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:53:32 -0700

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 02:13:40PM +0100, Dan MacDonald wrote:

Who did I criticize exactly and about what?

If I offended Pete somehow, I'm sure he'd let me know and if that did
happen, I'd apologise as I wasn't criticising. I'm just offering my opinion
and experiences in open source audio.

I saw no offense there, and didn't take any! (:-)) Actually I didn't really
see anything antagonistic from Dario, either. He was stating the way
he sees the problem. (Which is what I was after with my post.)

I can understand your POV, but -- as I confess I've never used a DAW --
I don't really know how much I agree with it. I can certainly understand
your feelings about JACK!

I know that I find the way I can "synergize" programs in Haiku to be
very convenient. For instance, as I said, I find Sequitur and MusicWeaver
work well together. Once I've first set things up, there's no more
fiddling with connections. I just double-click on the MW configuration,
then on the Sequitur MIDI I'm working on. (BTW, I set the Preferred App
of my work files to Sequitur -- much more convenient.) Everything
just connects together automatically.

OTOH, a DAW's ability to save a combo file would be harder to
compete with, if that is really important..

Any other opinions welcome..

-- Pete --