[haiku] Re: Sequitur

  • From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 08:49:33 +0100

Hi Pete

Thanks for reporting that bug with the Haiku MIDI settings and thanks to
the person that fixed it!

Otherwise, this is looking like the best Haiku/BeOS native sequencer and
the best candidate for the basis for a Haiku-native DAW, if someone felt
like a challenge.

Quite a challenge, I suspect (:-/) Still I guess Eric Hackborn and crew
did it
for their "Temper" (Windows) successor, so I guess it's possible.

Yep but I've already got ecasound to build under Haiku but using the OSS
output code. As soon as someone writes a Haiku backend for ecasound we have
audio multitracking.

It'd still be a huge task but could sequitur be extended to be able to take
advantage of ecasound to support audio too I wonder? Would that be easier
than say trying to borrow Ardour's back end or doing it all from scratch?

Was there ever a better BeOS sequencer than Sequitur?

Don't think so. Not much else of any kind, though there was Talin's "MeV"
[right?] I got the impression that was more talked up than ever pursued
much.

I'd briefly looked at MeV before but I feel much more at home with the
Sequitur interface which seems to have many more features.

-- Pete --