[haiku] Re: SMPlayer on Haiku: DVD playing and media streaming

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:54:49 -0400

Pete Goodeve wrote:
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 01:32:06AM +0000, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:
Just open your video dvd, then open VIDEO_TS folder and you will find
VOB f iles, which contains video :-) So open one of these files with
MediaPlayer of Haiku and send me the response :-)

Heh!  MediaPlayer doesn't like them at all!  Most of them just
lock the app up (Needs the 3-finger kill), but the first in the folder
pops up "None of the files you wanted to play appear to be
media files!"

Does that mean that SMPlayer is using a different access scheme?

        -- Pete --

I know that mediaplayer "native" in haiku, doesn't do buffering or something with CD's and it skips due to lack of buffer, I wonder if dvd acess suffers the same fate ? I do know that VLC .86i will play some dvd's on haiku ok, but will crash for some unknown reason , sometimes.

Sean