[haiku] Re: SMPlayer on Haiku: DVD playing and media streaming

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:28:31 -0700

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:56:29AM +0000, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:

> Can you try to play a vob file from DVD using Haiku MediaPlayer?
> Let me know.
Sorry about my newbieness in this area... what's a vob file?

> > Now I've done something else that again prevents SMPlayer's
> > panel appearing, even though the program is running -- dunno
> > what.  I'll wait until I've got a newer Haiku rev installed, in case that's
> > a problem.
>
> If you start SMPlayer from Desktop, it delete some tmp files (lock tmp
> file) which should solve this.
I tried that when the lockup happened.  Didn't work.  I'll check those
files, though.

Meantime, I did get the necessary libraries installed in Linux (in
the end, only libdvdcss was missing, but I wouldn't have known from
all the "helpful" advice around (:-/).  And the same dvds play flawlessly
in MoviePlayer.  The DVD Menus are hardly perfect there, either -- when
I try to select an episode, the app just freezes and has to be killed!
I *can* select scenes, though -- go figure...

Thanks,

        -- Pete --