[haiku] Re: SMPlayer on Haiku: DVD playing and media streaming

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:28:05 -0700

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 02:55:51AM +0000, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:
> 2013/3/26 Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > I was able to play a DVD, though there doesn't seem to be any
> > way to get at the interactive menu my Player Box displays.  I
> > eventually found the "Browse" menu which appeatrs to achieve
> > the same sort of thing (except the "Optional Features"?).
>
> Oh, sorry. To acrivate menus (which are experimental) you have to go
> inside preferences > drives > enable dvd menus

Thanks, but that option doesn't seem to have any effect --
probably because MPlayer wasn't compiled with 'dvdnav'?

Also, very strangely, though things worked (sort of (:-/) yesterday,
when I tried to run SMPlayer today it crashed on me too!  Symptom
was that the program would start, but no window would appear.
Eventually it went into the debugger.

I deleted the relevant settings folder and it started working
again.  Not very well though -- the DVD I tried today was freezing
and hooting at me again.

Sorry...

        -- Pete --