[haiku] Re: SMPlayer on Haiku: DVD playing and media streaming

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:00:53 -0700

... and yet more Good AND Bad news... (:-)

For some unknown reason I had never tried to play a DVD
with the VLC that I've had on my system forever!

When I finally did so just now, it plays that DVD I've been
testing with just flawlessly!  No freezes, no hooting.
(Doesn't read VOB files either, though: "General System Error")

So something is lacking in the way (S)MPlayer is handling
the data.  (It was not playing YouTube very well, either.
Though VLC doesn't do that at all, I guess.)

        -- Pete --