[haiku] Re: SMPlayer on Haiku: DVD playing and media streaming

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:52:46 -0400

Pete Goodeve wrote:
t any joy out of mplayer at all!  If I try your above suggestion,
it prints out a lot of info (which I'm afraid I didn't bother to grab), and then
stops.  I haven't found the magic words to get it to play the DVD itself:
if I enter "mplayer <dragged DVD icon>" it KDLs! (page fault)  I tried
prepending "dvd://" to various device paths and things, but it never found
anything.
Pete, you have a reproduce able KDL ? thats interesting, I don't think applications should be able to crash the Kernel

Sean