[haiku] Re: SMPlayer on Haiku: DVD playing and media streaming

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 20:23:52 +0100

2013/3/26 Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks, but that option doesn't seem to have any effect --
> probably because MPlayer wasn't compiled with 'dvdnav'?
>
> Also, very strangely, though things worked (sort of (:-/) yesterday,
> when I tried to run SMPlayer today it crashed on me too!  Symptom
> was that the program would start, but no window would appear.
> Eventually it went into the debugger.
>
> I deleted the relevant settings folder and it started working
> again.  Not very well though -- the DVD I tried today was freezing
> and hooting at me again.

Sorry for the noise :-)
I'd like to help you, Pete.
Before of all, if you can, try also SMPlayer on Windows and send me
feedback about DVD menus. As i've said, for me DVDs menus works fine
on Haiku:
http://s21.postimg.org/upszjhsbr/Mplayer_DVD_Menu.png
Instead, i've also tried DVDs in SMPlayer on Windows, and here menus
also appear, but i can't browse them. As i can see SMPlayer is in
development stage and sometimes can have some issues (eg, for me, on
Ubuntu, SMPlayer crashes while i attempt to play Windows Media Video
files)

--
Giovanni.