[haiku] SMPlayer on Haiku: DVD playing and media streaming

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:03:54 +0100

Hi,

This is a good news for Haiku: now we can properly play video DVDs and
audio and video streaming on Haiku: yesterday i have ported SMPlayer
(based on MPlayer). I have also compiled MPlayer (last available
revision), with support to libdvdread, css and nav, SMB support (so
you should be able to play media files from LAN) and fontconfig :-)

I'd like also thank you Ed (Munchausen) for his help on patching
Mplayer, to properly use Haiku's video out!

Enjoy:
http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/multimedia/video/playback/smplayer
--
Giovanni.