[haiku] Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Rybin Valeriy <walera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:22:00 +0200 CEST

Hi,

> > How is audio supported ?
> This driver http://revolf.free.fr/beos/oss-beos-v4.2-081213.zip
> supported this audio.

I still have some things to fix on OSS but it should be usable I
suppose.

Did you try a native driver yet ?

> > Ah...
> > well, how do you do with Linux ? Do you have an agreement with a
> > distro maker like RedHat ?
> Yes. We have agreement with ASPLinux. BTW end user get serial number
> for supporting from ASPLinux on our notebook.

Ok, if you really need a paper Haiku, Inc can get you one.

> > Does network/internet work?
> No. I think it's main problem for this notebook.

Someone pointed to a BSD driver...
Maybe you as an OEM could lobby SiS to get those specs if they aren't
available yet ?

> > How's the video, does it start up in the right video mode?
> Video work as VESA only and can't work in resolution 1280x800
> (16:10).
> BTW video work fast enough.

It would be nice if you could contribute a VESA fix :)

> > Anything not working?
> Hot keys - Mute, VolumeUp, VolumeDown.

Those are likely ACPI buttons, should be easy to add support for.
Btw, note Haiku doesn't yet have proper power management (it only uses
ACPI to probe for hardware).

François.