[haiku] Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: Alan Burkes <firstakir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:29:13 -0700

> Most currently preinstalling Haiku on low end notebooks on SiS chipset.

I storngly suggest you drop SiS. As long as they've been around, they
have given the absolute minimum support possible for their hardware
(They give the End User about one paragraph describing the product,
binary drivers, and a EULA). Worse, they keep their hardware
specifications secret, so finding a WORKING driver for their hardware
is next to impossible. SiS hardware is preventing me from installing
Haiku on my system, thanks to poor engineering.

Well, besides that, I applaud you for your choice of Haiku! Haiku is,
without a doubt, the best possible operating system for low-end
hardware because of it't incredible speed and multitasking abilities.