[haiku] Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:02:17 +0200 CEST

> Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
>
> > The only fix would be fixing the vesa bios of the card. If that
> > resolution doesn't work, it means that the vesa BIOS doesn't report
> > it. So it's either someone writes a native (non vesa) driver or
> > someone fixes the bios.
>
> Dunno if this could be done with this video BIOS specifically but
> some
> video BIOS can be patched by software (ATI AtomBIOS, for example) to
> include the missing resolutions). Note I am not talking about a
> firmware
> update.

Not sure it's done this way, but some days ago someone sent a patch to
qemu-devel about option ROMs being writable to update some stuff...
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-04/msg01550.html

Other possibilities include having the driver register a patched table
to the VGA BIOS maybe...

François.