[haiku] Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:12:51 -0700

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Rybin Valeriy <walera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I work in computers company in Russia. Our company produce notebooks. We
> preinstall on our notebooks three variants of operating systems: Windows,
> Linux and DOS. We want preinstall Haiku instead of DOS. I think current
> status of Haiku acceptable for it. Is it possible? Haiku team allow to our
> company preinstall Haiku OS?
>

> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Valery Rybin,

Just wondering, how many computers does your company produce in a year?
Haiku is getting updated several times per day, how do you plan to support that?
Haiku is MIT licensed so you are free to preinstall it, just know that
Haiku is still pre-alpha, and will change.
Have you tried installing Haiku onto them yet?  If so can you post the
output of listdev so we can see what devices are in it? (in terminal
type listdev, then copy/paste that into an email) That might help in
seeing what hardware is working and what's not for that model.
-scottmc