[haiku] Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Rybin Valeriy <walera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 23:21:50 +0200 CEST

> Fredrik Modèen schrieb:
> >> Can you please be more specific what information needs to be
> > > contained
> >> in this document? If possible just send us an example (like your
> >> ASPLinux agreement).
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> -Stephan
> > Stephan : lol do you feel better now with the ASPLinux.pdf file? ;)
>
> Aproximate translate of this PDF-file:
>
> Certificate about official registration software for computers
> #xxxxxxxxx
> by the law Federation of Russia (USA, Germany or other country) "..."
> 20 october 1992 year russian patent  and trademark agency give this
certificate about official registration software for computers:
> Operating Sytem ASPLinux (Haiku)
> Legal owner: OOO ASPLinux (Haiku Inc.)
> Author: Name ....
> Country: Russian Federation (USA, Germany or other country.)

... it's not us who should be doing this then, it's your patent and
trademark agency which should.
Or maybe the US one in case of Haiku, I don't think there is any such
thing as a "certificate".

What is it about actually ???
Is it about patents ?
We don't own any patent. You will have however to make sure that using
Haiku doesn't infringe any software patent in your own country.
Software patents are not recognized in EU, is a plague in US, and I
don't know about Russia.

trademarks ?

legal software registeration ? there is no such thing in US or EU,
copyright appears whenever a software is created. Well there is some
way to register copyright in the US AFAIK, but it brings about nothing
more.

François.