[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Source Tree

  • From: David Sowsy <dsowsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:10:14 -0500 (EST)

>       "On good teams, there's a single script you can run that does a full
> checkout from scratch, rebuilds every line of code, makes the EXEs, in
> all their various versions, languages, and #ifdef combinations, creates
> the installation package, and creates the final media -- CDROM layout,
> download website, whatever."

One of the lessons I learned at my previous employer is that most
programmers are not script kiddies, and when that One True Script breaks
the developers spin their wheels firefighting a script instead of code.

Also, if there are any datum that require unique ID's, have the
buildmeister issue them, instead of letting developers pick one and
fighting with other developers at check in time...

Best Regards,
                David

David Sowsy    .    /|\  BeOS Rebel and Coder   .  *  .
http://dsowsy.nanorevolution.com   .   *   .   *   .  .