[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Source Tree

  • From: Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:02:34 -0800

The IK Team has been toying with the idea of using JAM instead of make.
Here's a lovely informational URL:

http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html

One of the attractive features is that JAM is supposed to be quite easy
to use for large projects: "Jam/MR can build large projects spread
across many directories in one pass, without recursing, tracking the
relationships among all files."

Those who wish to get the full-bore overview should see (apparently a
little dated):

http://www.perforce.com/jam/doc/jam.paper.html

Anyway, seems like a good time to toss the idea out to the group at
large. =)  I recall someone mentioning that Be was using JAM instead of
make (Cedric??).  Perforce also uses it to manage their own build
process -- which, with all the platforms they support, has got to be
pretty crazy.