[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Source Tree

  • From: Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:42:53 -0800

Perhaps I am *completely* misunderstanding your question, is which case
I hope you'll forgive me. =)

All you need do is check out the source from the repository.  We
currently don't have a top-level module to check out from -- i.e., you
need to check out each part (app_kit, kernal_kit, etc.) individually --
but that could (and probably *should*) be remedied (build meister? ;).

Anyway, for the app kit, you would do something along the lines of

  cvs co app_kit

in the directory where you want the app_kit tree checked out to.  The
only vestiges of CVS you'll find there are the CVS directory and maybe a
.ignore file, neither of which are relevant to building stuff;
everything else will be the latest version of the files in the
repository, as ready to build as they ever will be.

Is that reasonably clear?