[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Source Tree

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 19:44:03 -0500

for a in `ls` do
        cvs -z3 co $a
done

:-)

Now, having said that, I agree that a master project would be nice.

Where I work, we use makefiles with subdirs. It is very fast, flexible and
I really like it. I can type gmake at the top of the build hierarchy, get a
<carbonated beverage of choice>, come back and have a fresh build.
But I can build any modules make script any way that I want to.

Dunno - I am not an expert in such things, but (it seems to me) the easier and
the simpler, the better. Make is a pain to learn. That is why I asked Aaron
(an experienced buildmeister) to handle builds for us. I figure that between
Be's
makefile engine (which works well for me) and a little bit of creative make
work, we ought to be able to have something quick and easy.