[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Source Tree

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 14:29:11 CST

Does CVS have the ability to write out a clean version of the source
tree -- i.e. without all the embedded revision info? If not, wouldn't
we need to write a utility to do such a thing? That is, build a new
folder structure that contains all the source code directories and
files (but leaves out the CVS specific ones like CVSROOT), changes file
names to remove the ending ",v" etc (pretty simple), and remove all the
revision text inside the files (a bit trickier).

In other words, you can't build from the CVS tree in it's original
form. How do other projects using CVS handle this? Anyone know?

>Hello. My name is Aaron Davis. I am now the build meister for
OpenBeOS. Michael told me my first assignment was to investigate what
everyone thought of as a good source tree and then make something that
everyone can live with. So thats what i'm doing. Feel free to e-mail me
suggestions to my address (iceman@xxxxxxxxxxxx) or to the list. Any
input would help me revise the current source tree. Thanks.