[openbeos] Re: Apple to steal yet more BeOS features...

  • From: "Leon Timmermans" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:21:58 +0100

Am I missing the point?
Someone stealing our is the biggest compliment a programer can get!
Those who are worried about 'stealing' of our code should ask themselves
what OBOS' goal is.
"It's an open source effort to first recreate and then extend a most
excellent, once-commercially-supported, closed-source, media-oriented
desktop computer operating system called the Be operating system (BeOS).
......The goal of OpenBeOS R1 is to be source- and binary-compatible with
BeOS R5. Improvements to OpenBeOS will follow only after R1 is completed."
We want to make a good (the best?) desktop OS, right?
I see no conflict.
The essence of the MIT and BSD licences is that everyone can benefit,
remember
If Apple would use some of our code, we could perhaps even exploit it ('even
Apple uses our technology'), right?

Leon Timmermans