[openbeos] Re: Apple to steal yet more BeOS features...

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:56:46 -0300 EST

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:50:51 +0200, Charlie Clark said:

> > You're implying that if a company take your code and change the
> > license
> > you do not have access to it anymore and this is simply not true.
> > If this
> > were true, I could just get, say, OpenBSD, change its license and
> > force
> > veryone else to stop using it/workin on it. See how weird this
> > scenario
> > looks? :)
>
> Weird, yes. But it actually happened recently!
> "MicroBSD" did exactly this including replacing "OpenBSD" with
> "MicroBSD"
> in the copyright! However, somebody noticed so it didn't get anywhere
> and
> the project is now defunct.

This is not what I am talking about. Even with the MicroBSD guys doing
that, OpenBSD would still exist, would still be developed and would
still have the MIT license.

And, BTW, legally they could do what they did (and as I understand it,
it was by mistake). Someone *CAN* do that with the OpenBeOS code but
OpenBeOS itself will not change due to that and this is my point.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Murphy's Law of Research:
        Enough research will tend to support your theory.