[openbeos] Re: Apple to steal yet more BeOS features...

  • From: James Leone <jleone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:54:47 -0800

Bruno G. Albuquerque wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:43:34 -0800, James Leone said:

If Be, Inc. had changed the license for the BeOS to the GPL, you all would have a lot less work to do. ;)

They could never change the license to GPL even if they want to.

Whoever owns it can do what they want with it, including GPLing it, AFAIK.

If they started it as GPL, there would be no BeOS as we know it.

-Bruno

-- Fortune Cookie Says:

"I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a
week sometimes to make it up."
                -- Mark Twain, "The Innocents Abroad"