[openbeos] Re: Apple to steal yet more BeOS features...

  • From: "Imre Leber" <imre.leber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:02:12 +0200

> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Sigmund Kopperud wrote:
>
> > i second changing the license. you should make the license change
> > retroactive too, so apple can't steal old code
>
> Heh. See my previous email. It won't happen. When we shoose the MIT
> license we knew somethin like this could happen and, if it really does, it
> will be actually cool.

i.e. this project will be accepted by the open source community at large and
not be a programmer-wannabe-hacker club anymore. Here i agree with you

> -Bruno

, but can you explain to me if i would contribute to OBOS why the following
would not hold:

"If i contribute code other companies will use it in there software, making
my code proprietary so that i can no longer use my own code anymore."

Also:

"If others can just take my code and make it proprietary how will this
benifit the OBOS project?"

Imre