[haiku-web] Re: Drupal Twitter Module

  • From: Serpentor <serpentor013@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 19:27:48 -0600

OK, after thinking about this some, here is what I visualize:

Because users/developers/general followers like to know what is going on
with the OS/apps, they subscribe to a couple or half a dozen or so Twitter
feeds that OS/app developers are tweeting (is that right) on.  We somehow
convince the OS/app developers that this is GREAT PR and they should tweet
once a day or once every couple of days about what they are working on/where
they are in the project.  Those that subscribe to the feed need to
understand that this is just a one way communication tool to keep them
informed so that they don't see something like "I am doing something this
way on this project" and try to email the tweeter and convince them that
they are doing it the wrong way or they should do something different.  The
ones twittering need to understand that they should be tweeting/twittering
(?) just little nuggets of info about their piece of the OS/app and
commentary or editorials on other stuff (ie "I think we should do this at
the next OS conference...").  Following this line of thinking, I can see
having a page on the Haiku-OS site that subscribes to all of these Twitter
feeds and presents them to viewers of the Haiku-OS website.

Sikosis/Dennis, is this what you were thinking as well?

Serpentor