[haiku-web] Re: Drupal Twitter Module

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:26:42 -0700

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Dennis d'Entremont
<dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was thinking more along the line of just having one twitter account
> connected to the drupal module that would publish a tweet when there is a
> site update such as a new front page item or new blog post (maybe svn even
> commits).
>
> This way no one has to put in any more effort than they already do. Of
> course, if individual developers or community members want to sign up and
> tweet about their projects that's fine with me.

I'm confused - is the technology set up such that it can't just
subscribe to an RSS feed and auto-tweet when something new shows up? I
mean, that's basically how RSS works... I would have thought the
twitter devs would allow auto-tweets from an RSS feed, or that someone
would have setup such a service already.

I don't see how this is much different technologically than an RSS aggregator.

- Urias