[haiku-web] Re: Drupal Twitter Module

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:07:45 -0700

Hi Sikosis,

Sikosis wrote:
> So, I guess this brings up a question ... I guess it's been discussed
> before ... why are we on version 5 of drupal when 6 is the latest ?

Because upgrades are not easy in Drupal, particularly given the number
of modules that our website relies on.

(The more our website grows, the more I think it would be a good idea to
split it into smaller pieces. It would be so much easier to maintain and
upgrade.)

> Also, that module is more like the wordpress Sociable plugin (or like
> SmartFeeds if you send through RSS feed through Feedburner) ... and
> nothing like the twitter module.

That is true. But on the other hand, it does allow more people (anyone,
in fact) to push the website content to many more online services (not
only Twitter, but also Facebook and many more). Isn't that what you were
trying to achieve? :)

Cheers,

Koki