[haiku-web] Re: Drupal Twitter Module

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:20:05 -0700

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I find it's a great marketing tool for driving eyeballs to web sites
> ... it's also a lot easier to just follow someone and get updates from
> twitter, rather than having to go to the web site yourself to find out
> what's going on.

I generally understand the purpose, but I'd like to see some examples
where other open source projects have adopted twitter... are there any
good ones out there? (I admit I haven't looked very hard, but I can't
recall ever running across a Twitter feed on an FOSS website).

Even if we put the feed up, I believe the content would only be useful
if the core project contributors actually used it - otherwise it's
likely to just become a bunch of community members blabbing about how
great Haiku is or something... I dunno, I haven't bought into the
whole twitter thing yet personally...

- Urias