[haiku-development] Re: Optional Packages for R1A3

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 20:45:40 -0500

I agree with the view of keeping the images small.

I propose a project to identify missing libraries as they are needed and to download them on demand.

This would be a wonderful feature for any release, and shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement for those who know the ins and outs already ( i.e. .. not me :-( ).

Also keeps the installed footprint smaller, and permits potentially much smaller download sizes.

Just my $1.42

--The loon