[haiku-development] Re: Optional Packages for R1A3

  • From: Jim Saxton <black.belt.jimmy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:01:02 -0700

> We have the Welcome document linked on the Desktop. It lists the major
> software sites, how to install applications and introduces the user to
> installoptionalpackage. I think we're covered.

The reference to installoptionalpackage is simply:

You'll have to run a command in Terminal: installoptionalpackage -h
explains its usage.

This has never worked for me. I end up finding an old link to the
optional packages af http://haiku-files.org/files/optional-packages/
and downloading and installing the packages manually. it may be just
me, but the installoptionalpackages has never worked as expected.
might be that the help documentation is not enough.