[haiku-development] Re: Optional Packages for R1A3

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:40:22 +0000

Matt Madia wrote:
Hi all,

Since R1/A2, these optional packages have been added to the alpha-* profile.
        * TimGMSoundFont
        * WQY-MicroHei

There's many other packages that have been added to the build system.
Here's the list of all new optional packages that are not in the alpha-* profile

AllegroLibs
ArmyKnife
Bazaar
BurnItNow
CCache
DevelopmentJava
Doxygen
Fastdep
GPerf
Groff
ICU
Libmng
Lua
Man
Paladin
Ruby
SDLLibs
TagLib
XiphLibs
box2d
fribidi
lcms
libMicro
libart_lgpl
libmad
libmikmod
libmodplug
libpaper
physfs

If anyone feels that more should be added, speak up.

--mmadia

How many could fit in a 700mb cd envelope ?you could split the A3 into a light/heavy download. I would think the SDL libs, and most of the really needed ones like libevent for the torrents utilitys etc should be included.

at A3 I think most will expect more out of haiku then the previous 2 alphas.

might be better to make it easier to software to work without alot of headaches.

 Sean