[haiku-development] Re: Name the package manager "Software Valet"

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 09:03:30 -0700

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Some suggestions: Haiku Market, Software Center.
>
> Haiku Depot? I even happen to own that domain :-)
> And that's actually a reference I like much better (bedepot.com was always
> the source of nice new software).

While Haiku Depot may make sense for the Haiku repository of
applications/packages, I don't know that it should be the name used
for the tool that connects to the repository and provides the user
with a list of software packages they can install/manage.

I imagine the software in question will be able to connect to many
repositories, and also manage installed software that was not obtained
from a "Haiku Depot" website :)

- Urias