[haiku-development] Re: Name the package manager "Software Valet"

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 21:11:29 -0700

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I never cared for the '*-o-matic' app names.

Yeah, it was in jest :)

I'd probably stick with something simple, like Package Selector or
something of that sort.

I think the term "Software" has lost meaning over the years, and has
become somewhat nerdy or business-sounding. People call them Apps or
Packages now. Apps is a bit of a misnomer in this case, I think, since
not everything that will be found here is an App.

Anyhow, it's just another bikeshed discussion :)

- Urias