[haiku-development] Re: Name the package manager "Software Valet"

  • From: Dee Sharpe <demetrioussharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 07:59:49 -0500

Managers were used in BeOS quite a bit. However, I'll concede that you may not
have run into the term unless you wrote device drivers. I'll refer you to the
term "busmanager", which is what you'd have to use for device drivers.
Specifically, you'd have a hard time writing a video driver without calling
into the pci busmanager.

Apollo Demetrious Sharpe