[haiku-development] Name the package manager "Software Valet"

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 16:47:34 -0400

I was thinking it might be neat to name the graphical package manager
for Haiku "Software Valet" harking back to the old application on
BeOS.

I've done a bit of research on the legal status of the trademark and
it doesn't appear as if Be ever registered a trademark for "Software
Valet" either in the US or in Europe, and it doesn't appear that
anybody else has since either, so, we're in the clear to use the name
if we want to.

It might also be a good idea for Haiku, Inc. to register the trademark
if we want to use the name. Opinions welcome.