[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 3 : better late than never

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:57:41 +0100

Noting Adrien's oter post regarding this and the concerns about disc space, how about a separate iso file with a collection of known function games with the required libs, just unzip and play.

could achieve the aim of both party's while respecting the boundary of the disc size limitation. sort of a link to a ready to go Cd

 Call it

Additional software and games for Haiku OS. or something similar, maybe even put in a link on the desktop for web positive. similar to the welcome file on the desktop now.

 just a thought.

As I said, if someone is willing to do all the required testing of 3rdparty software and builds an iso image out of it, I'm pretty sure we can get it announced on the project website. I, as a developper, think my time is better spent coding than doing such testing, but I welcome the idea and I'll do my best to help with it getting done.

--
Adrien.