[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 3 : better late than never

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:20:22 +0000

On 2011 5 29 06:56, "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > >Does anyone else think that adding an additional one or two weeks of
> > >exhaustive testing would be beneficial to the release?
> [...]
> > >Also, keep in mind our average length between our releases (about 9
> > >months between R1A1-->R1A2  and 12 months between R1A2-->R1A3).
>
> I don't get that remark.

So far, our releases are not time based (releasing every 3 or 6 months for
example).
Based on that, i dont expect alpha4/beta1 to come quickly either. Investing
an extra week or two could significantly improve the quality and usefulness
of r1a3. Also, having another high quality alpha release may help to attract
new users and contributors (testers, translators, patchers, ....,)

--mmadia